Tree Information for Development Applicants
Development in Rockville is subject to the city’s Forest and Tree Preservation Ordinance Chapter 10.5 of the City Code. The purpose of this chapter is to:
- Encourage the preservation and enhancement of Rockville's urban forests.
- Replace tree cover in non-forest areas within the city.
- Establish procedures, standards and requirements that protect trees and forests during and after development activity, and minimize tree loss due to development.
- Establish procedures, standards and requirements for afforestation and reforestation of land within the city.
- Meet the requirements of the Natural Resources Article, Sections 5-1601 through 5-1613 of the Annotated Code of Maryland (Maryland Forest Conservation Act).
For an overview of the Forest and Tree Preservation Ordinance, review the Forest & Tree Preservation Ordinance.
For information on the Forest and Tree Preservation Ordinance, contact Acting Assistant City Forester, Andrea Murtha, at 240-314-8713 or by email.
- Forestry Conservation and Maintenance Performance Bond (PDF)
- Forest Conservation Plan Application(FCP) (PDF) | FCP Checklist (PDF)
- Forestry Fees (PDF)
- Forestry Cash Bond Form (PDF)
- Forestry Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Forestry Permit (PDF)
- Natural Resource Inventory/Forest Stand Delineation (PDF) (NRI/FSD) | NRI/FSD Checklist (PDF)