A fence permit is required for properties within the City of Rockville fixing or putting up a new fence.
- Don't start work without an approved permit. A violation could result in a code enforcement violation with a penalty fee.
- Add details to the fence description including height, material, number or gates, etc.
Fence standards are located in Article 9, Section 25.09.05(2) of the Rockville Zoning Ordinance.
Gather Additional MaterialsAdditional resources are required with the permit application.
You will need:
- Three copies of the property plot plan showing the location and height of the proposed fence. One copy including the same information if submitting electronically.
- Three copies of to-scale design drawings that include dimensions and house location. One copy if submitting electronically.
- Written approval from Homeowners Association, if applicable.
- Roadside Tree Affidavit
- Letter from owner authorizing contractor to apply for permit.
Plot plan copies can be purchased by completing the application with the City of Rockville or by visiting Maryland Land Records.
Schedule an InspectionAfter construction, schedule an inspection to ensure safety and code standards.
To schedule an inspection, call our 24-hour Voice Permits™ IVR System at 240-314-5040. Have your site-specific permit number and inspection code ready.