- Development & Zoning
Development & Zoning
Applications and associated plans received prior to the closure will be reviewed and completed. Staff will contact applicants with further instructions.
During the closure, we will accept only electronic plans for submission and review. Standard practice will resume when operations return to normal.
Submit new development applications (site plans, special exceptions, plats, project plans, forestry, variances) and associated plans and documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed applications, plans and supporting documents must be a PDF.
- File names should reflect the file’s content (for example, “applications” or “forms”).
- E-plans should be unlocked and fully editable. All digital signatures must be approved/flattened prior to submission so as not to interfere with the plan review code compliance mark-ups on the plans.
- All plan pages must be combined into one document. Do not send separate documents for plans, specifications and calculations.
- Maximum file size is 25 MB.
Review, markups, comments and approval stamps will be made electronically.
Pay permit fees by phone. Once paid, the permit will be sent to the applicant.
Public Works permits must be submitted to James Woods at email@example.com.
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about the development review process.
Find which districts are eligible for historic designation.
A list of all text amendments to the Official Rockville Zoning Ordinance since its most recent adoption in 2009.