Register to Vote
Voter registration is available at any time. To receive your ballot automatically by mail, the deadline to register is Sept. 20.
Your ballot will be sent to the address listed on your voter registration record. Confirm your address is correct on your voter registration to make sure your ballot gets to you. Addresses provided will be used for election information only and not for other city communication.
If you are already a registered voter in the State of Maryland and a Rockville resident, you are automatically registered to vote in the city election.
You are eligible to register to vote if you are:
- A United States citizen.
- At least 16 years old. (You may register to vote at 16 but cannot vote until you are at least 18 years of age by the next general or special election.)
- Not under guardianship for mental disability, or if you are, have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate a desire to vote.
Same Day Registration
Same Day Registration is available at Rockville City Hall on Election Day, Nov. 5 from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. You will need to bring:
- Current, valid photo identification with your City of Rockville address, or
- A copy of a current (dated within 3 months of the election) utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document that shows your name and current address.
Ways to Register
- Online: Montgomery County voter registration.
- In-person: Rockville's City Hall, a public library, U.S. post office or Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
- By phone: 240-777-VOTE or 240-777-8500 to request voter registration forms.
Change or Update Voter Registration
Download the voter registration forms. Completed forms can be mailed or faxed to:
Montgomery County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 4333
Rockville, MD 20849-4333
FAX: (240) 777-8600