- City Projects
- Stonestreet Corridor
NORTH STONESTREET AVENUE COMPREHENSIVE MASTER PLAN AMENDMENT
NEW! Public Hearing Draft Available
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018 on a Comprehensive Master Plan Amendment for North Stonestreet Avenue Land Use. The draft amendment is a step toward implementing recommendations in the Stonestreet Corridor Study.
We want to hear from you! There are 3 ways to present testimony to the Planning Commission:
- In writing, by letter addressed to the City of Rockville Planning Commission, c/o Long Range Planning, CPDS, 111 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD, 20850. Individuals and representatives of agencies or organizations should include name, address and, if applicable, affiliation.
- By email, to Planning.Commission@rockvillemd.gov. Again, please include name, address and, if applicable, affiliation.
- In person, at the Planning Commission Public Hearing, on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 111 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850
STONESTREET CORRIDOR STUDY
About the Study
The Mayor and Council voted unanimously in February 2017 to move ahead with a comprehensive study of over 150 acres bordering the Stonestreet corridor.
The study will identify key sites for action, short- and long-term implementation steps, and seek to strengthen relationships through finding consensus and balance with business owners, tenants and neighborhoods in the corridor area. The study area, in general, covers the east and west sides of North and South Stonestreet avenues, from Westmore Road to the north to where South Stonestreet Avenue dead ends to the south.
Thursday, February 22, 2018: Meeting #5 (final community meeting)
Meeting focus: Draft Recommendations
- Area 1: Park Road and N. Stonestreet Ave (PDF)
- Area 2: MCPS and Montgomery County Sites (PDF)
- Area 3: 1000 Westmore Ave (PDF) (former WINX site)
- Area 4: Street and Sidewalk Improvements
December 5, 2017: Meeting #4
Meeting focus: Redevelopment concepts/visions along the Corridor.
- Discussion Area #1: Rockville Transit Station (PDF)
- Discussion Area #2: Park Rd and N. Stonestreet Ave (PDF)
- Discussion Area #3: MCPS sites on N. Stonestreet Ave (PDF)
- Discussion Area #4: N. Stonestreet Ave and Westmore Ave (PDF) (including former WINX site)
October 24, 2017: Meeting #3
Meeting focus: Potential street improvement scenarios on N. Stonestreet Ave. and on Park Rd. near the Metro Station, between its intersections with N. Stonestreet Ave. and S. Stonestreet Ave.
July 13, 2017: Meeting #2
Meeting focus: Sites on the Corridor that are owned by Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
May 2, 2017: Project Kickoff Meeting
Community members gathered at the Lincoln Park Community Center to learn about project purpose, process, timeline, and how to stay involved. A staff presentation was followed by small group table discussions and report outs.
Previous Corridor Planning Efforts
The study will also build on several previous plans that have addressed the Stonestreet corridor. Detailed recommendations for the area are included in the Lincoln Park (2007) and East Rockville (2004) Neighborhood Plans, as well as the 2001 Town Center Master Plan. They broadly envision a pedestrian- and bicycle-oriented main street-style development, with a mix of uses along a converted boulevard.
- 2001: Town Center Master Plan (PDF)
- 2002: Comprehensive Master Plan (PDF)
- 2004: East Rockville Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
- 2006: Stonestreet Avenue Redevelopment Implementation Plan (PDF) (not adopted)
- 2007: Lincoln Park Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
For more information, contact Andrea Gilles at 240-314-8273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.